School Site Council
Purpose of SSC:
A school that operates a categorical program funded through the consolidated application (ConApp) shall establish a school site council (SSC) if such program requires a School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) (California Education Code [EC] Section 65000[b]).
The SSC shall develop the content of the SPSA (EC Section 64001[g]). The SPSA shall be reviewed annually and updated, including proposed expenditure of funds allocated to the school through the ConApp and the local control and accountability plan (LCAP), if any, by the SSC (EC Section 64001[i]).
The SPSAs shall be reviewed and approved by the governing board or body of the local educational agency (LEA) at a regularly scheduled meeting whenever there are material changes that affect the academic programs for pupils covered by programs identified in this part (EC Section 64001[i]). If a SPSA is not approved by the governing board or body of the LEA, specific reasons for that action shall be communicated to the SSC (EC Section 64001[i]).
All SSC Meetings for the 2023-2024 school year will be in the Parent Resource Center Rm. 25
To provide public comments:
- The preferred option for commenting on a specific agenda item or for providing general public comment under Public Comments is to submit your comment via email to email@example.com please include your name and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address. If a speaker seeks to address non-agenized matters during a regular meeting, the email should indicate “Public Comment – Non-Agendized Matter.”
- Alternatively, you may comment by calling (661) 631-5400 Extension 54161 to leave a voicemail of no more than three minutes in length. Please state and spell your name at the beginning of your message and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address or specify if your comment addresses a non-agendized matter during a regular meeting.
- In order to be read aloud during the meeting, comments must be received by noon the day before the SSC meeting.
- Should the public speaker not want their name stated publicly, please specify at the top of the email or at the beginning of the voicemail.
- During special meetings, public comment is limited to items on the agenda.
During the meeting, comments will be read aloud by the SSC Chairperson and they will be added to the meeting minutes. Please note, the Board may exercise its discretion regarding the amount of time for each public comment depending on the number of emails received.
As with in-person meetings, the School Site Council respects the right of the public to comment on SSC matters. The content of messages should be civil and appropriate for a public meeting of a SSC.
We thank you for your cooperation during these unprecedented times.