School Wellness Centers
What are School Wellness Centers?
Bakersfield City School District has recently opened School Wellness Centers to promote students' physical, mental and emotional health.
We are committed to providing comprehensive medical and mental health care, treatment, and health education to our children.
- Nurse Practitioner
- School Social Worker
- Office Staff
Medical services are provided by our Nurse Practitioners.
Their expertise includes:
- Physical examinations, including wellness exams, sports physicals, enrollment physicals
- Health screenings, including those for communicable infections
- Treatment for minor illnesses and injuries
- Health and nutrition education.
Mental Health Services
At our center, we have credentialed School Social Workers who provide a range of services:
- Individual and Family Therapy
Case Management Services
- Assistance applying to low-cost utilities, medical, food stamps,s or any other type of assistance program.
- Linkage to resources (i.e. food, clothing)
Wellness Center Consent Packet for Students
Wellness Center Consent Packet (English)
Wellness Center Consent Packet (Spanish)
Wellness Center Locations
4th StreetWellness Center(Between Emerson & Mckinley)
609 4th StreetBakersfield, CA 93304Phone: (661) 631-3205Fax: (661) 328-0591
Monday - Friday7:30 AM - 4:30 PMClosed: 12 PM - 1 PM for LunchCenter StreetWellness Center(Between Sierra & Garza)2951 Center St.Bakersfield, CA 93306Phone: (661) 631-3206Fax: (661) 321-0011Monday - Friday7:30 AM - 4:30 PMClosed: 12 PM - 1 PM for LunchSouth ChesterWellness Center(Corner of P St & Ming Ave.)800 Ming AveBakersfield, CA 93307Phone: (661) 631-3203Fax: (661) 631-5946Monday - Friday7:30 AM - 4:30 PMClosed: 12 PM - 1 PM for LunchJewett AveWellness Center
(Near Stella Hills)3806 Jewett AveBakersfield, CA 93301Phone: (661) 631-3171Fax: (661) 863-0115Monday - Friday7:30 AM - 4:30 PMClosed: 12 PM - 1 PM for Lunch